Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Our new baby boy

Isn't he cute?!??!? I completely feel like a first time mom. I am excited and nervous and have no idea what I am doing. Ali was a bad influence and talked us into adopting a little shih zhu puppy. He is 8 weeks old and I have no clue what I am doing!!!!!!! I have never bathed, brushed, trained, neutered, or hardly walked a dog for that matter! On the farm, our dogs had to learn how to survive. There was no cozy crate in the corner or dog treats and they definitely weren't allowed in the house. What am I thinking?! I am doing everything in my power to not have more kids and I welcome this little bundle into my home willingly. He needs shots and vet appointments and toys and food and then he will pee and poop and wake me up at night...did I mention I don't want another baby. AND instead of a baby, which I would know what to do with, I have NO CLUE HOW TO RAISE A DOG!!! I am sure there will be plenty of posts about the crazy happenings of JAKE! :)

First Jeep ride at Grandma Baner's
Elle is petrified of pretty much every dog in the neighborhood so this is a big step for her. Hopefully, they can grow together and she will learn to like other dogs as well. Our neighbor said recently that she always knows when Buster gets out because she hears Elle's blood curdling scream!




The poor thing was exhausted so I put him in his bed and shut the door. I soon found Elle laying there singing to him.





He had more adventures today than his whole life combined. He rode the Gator and in the wagon and was carried around like a baby most of the day. The poor guy is so tired he is sleeping in my lap. Hopefully we can get into a routine tomorrow!!

2 comments:

  1. We have heard ALL about Jake at the Lehman house. I think I should bring you a meal! :-)'

    So fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pictures!

    You know, we were turned down by the Humane Society as unfit parents. We have a BAD dog history in our family :(

    ReplyDelete