Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Camping 9 YEAR OLD!!

My boy turns 9 this Thursday. :( I am not ready for him to be grown up. 9 is halfway to 18. That is so depressing. I have waited my whole life to be a mom and it is now flying by!!

This is one of the benefits of having a Grandma with a big sign on the highway!! :)

On Sunday we dropped him off at Camp Good News in Washington. He was very excited but also a little nervous. He took a whole stack of paper and envelopes. Needless to say, I haven't received any letters yet! :)

His counselor for the week~Dan

Gabe is the guy that invited Graham. He's a good little friend for Graham and next year they will be at Prairie School together.
The boys get to sleep in a "tree house". One of the trees goes right through the porch! It was very "Manly". I was thankful to return home to my own bed! And, YES, there were kids jumping off that balcony. OY!! I was thankful to turn and walk away from that disaster!

They said that no news is good news and I haven't received a phone call yet. I think I am missing him far more than he is missing me. It is hard on this momma! I didn't really expect this! I am usually the one leaving. We have gone on many vacations without him and I have never had a problem but this is different. I will see his bed or bike or a friend will call for him and I MISS HIM!! It is ridiculous!! I will be anxiously awaiting Friday afternoon to go get him and bring him home, where he belongs! :)

1 comment:

  1. just had to pass along a tip that i've been partaking in. if you want to linger in motherhood longer, just keep having kids! :)

    ReplyDelete